Saturday, October 31, 2009

A new type of clone

Hard to believe Halloween is here and gone. We had a whole lot of fun with this so I felt it needed to be shared. The festivities started with the preparation of our pumpkins that we brought home from our annual family fish fry. I have the kids draw on a piece of paper the face that they want on their pumpkin. It's fun to see what they come up with and keeps them busy while I prep the table and round up knives, spoons and bowls for the "guts" as they say. My two warriors claimed they were ready to do all the dirty work themselves this year, we'll wait and see. Once I opened up the tops on their pumpkins they turned in to prissy little things that didn't want to get their hands dirty. After a little help and explaining that there were no "worms down inside there" they were elbow deep and having a ball. Pics are full size so click for detailed "guts".






















I was Darth Vader last year and they were both bent on being the same this year. So we were a trio of Vaders with mom rounding out the pose in her homemade costume as Dorothy. We had no time to carve pumpkins this week so it waited until today and she had little time to work on her costume so she finished it Thursday night-we need a break! I think she looked great!





















With a cool night and finally no rain, we scoured the hood and came home with a load of plunder. I'm not going to eat one single piece! Adam's bag weighed 2049 gms or 4.5 lbs, Eric's bag weighed 2349 gms or 5.2 lbs

5 comments:

Mrs. The Masher said...

Someone save me from the 10 lbs of candy that is now in my house!

I am Dwayne Goscinski said...

I will eat it! I ate most of Lucas candy already, he doesnt like chocolate....

Anonymous said...

I will also be happy to help dispose of candy. Particularly M&Ms and Twix bars. Have Mr. The Masher bring some to work, I'm sure I can find some way to make it disappear!

nitch said...

Holy cow, Mitch, that's a LOT of candy!! We had over 120 trick-or-treaters this year. Ran out of candy, so I was offering cans of black olives & Ro-Tel tomato. Strangely, no takers! Looks like you guys had a blast....Chris

Doctor said...

The triple threat Vaders picture is amazing! I almost shot coffee out my nose.