Friday, November 6, 2009

Now this is cool!


I have a feeling I'm not the only one that had no idea this was being built. Short story-construction started in 2005 and just last month they connected the two arches perfectly in the center. It will be a bypass around Hoover Dam which has multi-hour back ups daily right now. They used liquid nitrogen to cool the concrete! The arches were formed and poured in place. I pretty much get off on this kind of stuff. I'm sure if we had cable I would have seen a documentary on it.


24 hours a day!

Complete photo album here.

3 comments:

Mitch Bernskoetter said...

Mitch,

Off the subject of your post, I was wanting to contact you to ask you some questions but didn't know your email. Could you contact me and I will reply to you? mmbernskoetter@yahoo.com

Mitch Bernskoetter

I am Dwayne Goscinski said...

Bettina has some pics from when they were out there last year, very cool stuff!!

Trail Monster said...

So Masher...does your first cross race make the race results list?

Everybody needs a DQ to keep em humble...lol