Monday, June 22, 2009

Finally a dry race!

Made it through a hot one yesterday at St.Joe state park. Used mainly by atvs and motorcycles St.Joe provided one of the better race courses I've been on in a while. The work that went into this race is hard to comprehend. From what I hear, just last week this trail was not in great shape and flat out hard to follow in places. It was awesome for us. Thanks Mark.

We pre-rode about two miles and then came back. With minimal effort my heart rate was in the 170's, I knew if I went out hard at all I wouldn't finish. So when we lined up at the start line I stayed in the back. I figured I could just roll with the field and not feel pressured to chase Dwayne and it worked. It wasn't long and I had worked my way up and was riding alone, making reasonable time. Drinking as much as I could and conserving on the climbs, I was able to claim 3rd only having to ride four 8 mile laps. Dwayne and Zach both did five for 1st and 2nd. I could have done another but didn't want to.

I will definitely go back and ride St.Joe sometime when it's not 96 degrees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your loyal readers need a race update! Since I'm so slow, I have to live vicariously...