Thursday, July 23, 2009

24 hours of 9 mile

Dwayne and I are leaving tonight for Wausau,WI to ride in a 24 hour race. Surprizingly, it's a 14.2 mile course. If interested Granny Gear uses Real Time scoring and you can watch us turn laps into the night. We carry a timing chip that posts our times within seconds of completing a lap on the web. Sorry, I can't tell you exactly how to look at the times once you get there but I think it will be relatively easy to figure out. I'm in the "Men's solo just for fun" and Dwayne is "Men's solo singlespeed". It costs less than half to not race for the Championships so we figured we would have to win a ton of prize money to break even if we had, so we went just for fun. The race starts at 11am Saturday and ends at 11am Sunday.

If you watch closely you will be able to tell when I shove a stick into Dwayne's front wheel in an attempt to gain back lost time. I've also replaced his Stan's sealant with whole milk. So not only will he not have flat protection, but I figure by Sunday morning his bike will begin to smell real perty! Wish us(me) luck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know darn well we're all going to need a detailed race report when you get back. Just saw you move into 1st on Lap 3!