Monday, July 20, 2009

Non Race #1 Chubb Challenge

This post is bound to expand like my belly after 3 delicious tall PBR's, a burger, a brat and half a bag of chips. Which happens to be what I ingested after claiming the "Champion" ranking from this years first Team Seagal non-race. Beyond that I just had a freaking awesome time yesterday at Chubb.

It was cool as shit to see all those people out there ready to scrape some paint(and knees, and shins, and elbows......) in front of a crowd. I must declare to all who graced this event with their presence, I have ridden Chubb more times than most people have ridden a mountain bike. That trail taught me how to ride, period. Ride Chubb and you can ride almost anything. Anytime you think you are good, there is a different line that will kick your ass.

There were as many, if not more, single speeds as geared bikes. I thought about the single speed but I was going to put a wuss ass gear on, so I refrained. No way in hell I would have made hardly any of those sections on a single speed. But sections were made by many sporting gears that I couldn't run at Lost Valley.

We got to see spectacular, slow motion falls. We heard chainrings scraping rocks(including my own XTR big ring). Frames and forks bouncing off of rocks like empty PBR cans. Blood was spilled, tubes were punctured, chains were torqued from their rings(Jim, pure power). After all was said and done we finished to a grill of hot goodies and lots of ice cold PBR. Wendy made enough cheese stuff to feed ALL of the Shriners, mmmmmm cheese spread!

If you missed it, shame on you. And in case you are wondering, if you don't feel capable but are interested in this event, next year come out and hike along with us. This could easily be spectated on foot. Thanks to Seagal for a fun Sunday. Hope to have some pics soon.

Here is a link to some video. Thanks Greg!

6 comments:

Christian Stitz said...

Nice work Mitch. I'm jealous. Did you ride your Jet9?

Mitch the Masher said...

Rode my hardtail. The Jet would have been the bike with the exception of the steps for my choppy style.

I really just needed to get a ride in before this weekend to make sure the bike worked.

Next year we both have to be there!

Dan said...

Nice riding with you this past weekend! Definitely good times all around.

Trail Monster said...

Awesome day, and I would say that place taught you to ride...Damn not only did you ride everything...you did it 2 or 3 times and then showed everyone the old skool lines from back in your wipersnapper dayz. Nice thanks for the lessons and the tube! I heard Storm was eating the cheese dip for breakfast.

Mitch the Masher said...

mmmmmmmmmm, cheese for breakfast!

Christian Stitz said...

I hear ya. The duallys are great until you have to start trialsin'. Already looking forward to next year, hope I can make it.